Monday 2 May 2011

My final Premier League predictor - I'm sticking to this one, I promise!

My end of season predictions for the league.
As we head in to the last 22 days of the English league and cup season - and as I write this - things are getting tighter all over the Premier League. Manchester United and Chelsea are battling it out for the Premier League title once again; Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool are all desperately challenging for the two remaining Champions League positions, and any team below 10th in the table can't relax for fear of the drop to the Championship - even at this late stage!

And here is the table that I've come up with.
So this has Chelsea taking the title by one goal, Manchester United losing out on their 19th title, and Arsenal taking the last Champions League spot by 3 points....

... from Manchester City, who take that all important fourth spot from late challengers Liverpool, who under Kenny Dalglish have overtaken Tottenham, who would lose out on European football altogether should these results take place.

Everton, West Brom, Stoke, Fulham, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Blackburn, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Wolves all stay up and live to fight another season.

But West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool all suffer the fate that everyone dreads. Blackpool's last three games, in my prediction, sees them pick up just 3 point from their last 3 games. West Ham, despite me predicting that they will 3-0 on the last day, go down along with Wigan, who have looked doomed from the beginnng.

So there you have it. Manchester City get that all important fouth spot according to my predictions, and Manchester United lose out on the title. Could a City fan look at anything better?

No comments:

Post a Comment