Sunday 30 October 2011

City 3 - Wolves 1 thoughts.

That was probably the most frustrating game we've had all season. Wolves did very well to break up our fluidity early on and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game - it was fragmented, fussy and we looked like we were struggling to get a grip on the game for the first time this season.

I thought it was right that an error from Wayne Hennessey created the first goal because despite his fantastic first half performance he did a lot of time wasting. Even my dad sat next to me (who's a United fan) was getting frustrated with the amount of seconds it took the Wolves 'keeper to punt the ball.

It was really good to see Dzeko celebrate so much after being gifted a goal. I guess his frustration was built up in the first half when his chip was turned wide of the post brilliantly by Wayne Hennessey. It was a calm finish frmo Dzeko, who could have so easily scuffed his chance. That's 12 for the season already for Edin!

I thought Attwell was terrible. Honestly terrible. Not corrupt, just plain terrible. He shouldn't be allowed to referee Premier League games because he is terribly out of his depth. Inconsistency is the word to describe his "performance" in that game. I was actually shocked that Mario's tackle before our third goal wasn't given as a foul because players were booked for less than that.

I thought Johnson took his goal brilliantly. When he shaped up to have a crack I thought "no!" but when the ball rustled the back of the net I went berserk. That goal put us 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League. We're going to be top of the table in November! We'd have normally faded into mid-table obscurity by now.

Roll on Villareal.

No comments:

Post a Comment