Sunday 16 October 2011

City 4-1 Villa, thoughts.

I thought we were brilliant on Saturday. While everyone sat around me at the game decided to shout and scream about us not being fast enough, I sat comfortably in my seat, confident that the game would swing our way eventually.

We've shown in every game this season that we know how to score goals for fun, so I knew that eventually we would take the lead. Balotelli's audacity certainly proved me right, and I reminded my mum that patience is the key this season.


Mario may have been given Man of the Match but James Milner, Gareth Barry and Yaya Toure were excellent in midfield; tacking back, getting forward, passing perfectly, inspiring and creating; they were doing everything.


Milner's cross-field ball to Adam Johnson may well be the Pass of the Season so far, and there wasn't a player on that pitch I would have picked over him to make it. Added to that, his wonderful finish for our fourth is a contender for Goal of the Month.


A great day out; some wonderful weather coupled with some wonderful football!

No comments:

Post a Comment