Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wolves - City preview

HOWLING AT THE MOON
I have to admit that I struggle to get enthused about League Cup games, but we're one step away from the quarter-finals and I'd like to see us get a trophy on board. However if what happened to Birmingham happens to us, should we win the thing, I want that meaningless pot to stay away from us.


Mancini opted not to play Nigel de Jong on Sunday in the demolition of Manchester United, so I expect him to start in midfield. Alongside who? I'm not sure. I would say Hargreaves, but I'm sure I heard something on the radio yesterday about Hargreaves having a slight pull somewhere on his body - again. Yaya and Barry both played a full 90 minutes on Sunday, so I don't expect them to start.


Edin Dzeko didn't play for very long against United so I expect him to lead the line tonight. And although Zabaleta didn't get a place on the pitch on Sunday, I don't expect him to start tonight either. His father is ill once again and undergoing surgery, which means that Zabba's head may not be in the right place. Of course, for the good of the team and Zabaleta, I hope his father makes a full recovery.


I think we'll have just enough to win, and we're going to be riding high on confidence after Sunday. Wolves are pretty much digging a hole that will eventually cave in one them unless they get something tonight, but I don't see them beating us.


Manchester City 3-1 Wolves

No comments:

Post a Comment